In India, Kheer is built on every festive event and also on leisurely days when you want fuss-totally free recipes that can be rustled up with minimum amount substances. Kheer is maybe one of the most historical sweet dishes that is even encouraged by Ayurveda for good overall health and has endless present day-working day versions from apple kheer, sewaiyan, sabudana kheer, matar kheer, poha kheer to paneer kheer. (Also examine: 3 delightful laddoo recipes to make)
Kheer enthusiasts can relish this mouth-watering dessert at any time of the day – in breakfast with pooris, as a snack or dessert article dinner or lunch. Festival time is in this article with Ganesh Chaturthi and Onam, and will go on as Navratri, Dussehra, and Diwali are just spherical the corner. So, why not add some Kheer recipes in our festive meals listing and appreciate them with friends and household in individuals memorable get-togethers.
In this article are 4 kheer recipes to make your festive time additional exclusive.
1. COCONUT KHEER
(Recipe by Dietician Garima Goyal)
Milk- 1 litre
Grated coconut- 1 cup
Cardamom powder – 2 teaspoon
Chopped almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts- 1tablespoon
• Consider a handful of saffron strands and soak them in warm milk.
• Now just take a heating pan and pour the relaxation of the milk. Heat it on medium flame and hold on stirring.
• In the up coming step, add 1 cup of freshly grated coconut into the milk. Stir the mixture until it comes to a boil.
• Allow the combination cook dinner for at least 20 minutes. Preserve an eye on the coconut so that it is not cooked as well much or burnt.
• Ultimately, increase all the other components. Insert 3-4 tablespoons of sugar or as your style requires. Keep on adding the chopped dry fruits, and cardamom powder.
• Stir the mixture well and on medium warmth, continue to keep it cooking for yet another 7-10 minutes.
• For the closing phase, sprinkle some of the chopped almond flakes on best of the kheer.
2. MATAR KI KHEER
(Recipe by Swapandeep Mukherjee, Head Chef, The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa)
Desi ghee – 75 gm
Finely chopped pistachio – 10 gm
Chopped cashewnuts – 15 gm
Chopped almonds – 15 gm
Chopped raisins – 20 gm
Milk – 750 ml
Eco-friendly peas coarse puree – 120 gm
Sugar – 80 gm
Cardamom powder – 5 gm
Khoya danedar – 75 gm
• Heat ghee in a pan, include finely chopped pistachios, cashewnuts, almonds, raisins and sauté
• Add milk to the pan and decrease by 50 %
• Now heat desi ghee in a distinct pan, when heat, increase the inexperienced peas puree and prepare dinner for 5-6 minutes
• Insert pea puree to the milk mixture. Insert sugar and prepare dinner on a slow flame for 5-6 minutes. Now increase cardamom powder
• Serve incredibly hot/cold kheer in a bowl and garnish it with the chopped and dry fruits
3. RAJGIRA KHEER
(Recipe by Swapandeep Mukherjee, Head Chef, The Metropolitan Resort & Spa)
Amaranth Seeds (Rajgira) – 500 gm
Milk – 1500 ml
Sugar – 200 gm
Almond chopped – 50 gm
Cashew nuts, chopped – 50 gm
Raisins – 20 gm
Cardamom Powder – 5 gm
Pistachios, chopped, to garnish
• Warmth pan on low flame with 2-3 tablespoons of rajgira at a time. As rajrira pops up, get rid of the popped seeds on a plate
4. Vintage SABUDANA KHEER
(Recipe by Dietician Garima Goyal)
Sabudana- 1 cup
Milk -500 ml
Sugar- 4-5 tablespoons
Cardamom powder- 1-2 teaspoons
• Get 1 cup of sabudana and clean them extensively to eliminate any dust.
• Chop 5-6 cashew nuts and 5-6 almonds finely. You can soak them into drinking water for some time to make them softer.
• Meanwhile, preserve the washed sabudana or white pearls apart for two hours.
• Now, take a heating pan and pour 500 ml milk into that pan.
• Warmth it for some time till it will come to a boil. When the milk starts boiling, insert the sabudana into the sizzling milk.
• Now insert the sugar into the combination and preserve on stirring.
• At last, insert on the chopped almonds and cashew nuts and give the overall combination a great stir.
• Sprinkle a pinch of salt and combine again.
• At final, for garnishing, dust some cardamom powder on leading of the combination and your traditional sabudana kheer is prepared to be relished.
• When all the seeds are popped, boil milk in a significant bottomed pan
• When the milk is boiled, incorporate popped rajgira and stir from time to time, on medium heat. Cook dinner it further for about 10 minutes or until rajgira is cooked
• When cooked, insert chopped nuts, raisins, cardamom powder and put it on simmer for about 5 minutes. Switch off the gas, garnish with nuts and serve sizzling.