As per the Food Waste Index Report 2021, a staggering 50 kg of food items is thrown absent per person every calendar year in Indian households, costing the place ₹92,000 crores annually. Stopping the wastage of food items is a person solitary step that can make our region and world a superior place to are living. Throwing food items out is like dumping money in the trash, consequently, decreasing the wastage of food items also aids in conserving revenue as perfectly the natural environment. (Also read: 5 kitchen area hacks to make your lifestyle less complicated )
Balanced foodstuff and life-style blogger, Nicole, popular on Instagram by the identify Kalejunkie, recently shared handful of hacks which can help you help you save funds and decrease food stuff wastage.
1. Maintain your berries fresh for up to 2 months. Incorporate berries to a bowl, 1 cup vinegar, 3 cups chilly water and allow it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse nicely, dry, then pop them in a container lined with paper towels, deal with and keep. Ideal for 2 weeks.
2. Retailer peeled garlic and keep it crisp. Peeled garlic is ideal employed correct away, but if you have further, then the most effective way to keep it fresh new and crisp is to pop the cloves into a container crammed with h2o, then deal with and refrigerate. Make confident to use it in just 2 weeks.
3. Prevent sliced apples from browning for up to 5 days. Perfect if you like to food prep and slice your apples for the 7 days. Slice apples, put in a bowl with cold h2o and 1-2 teaspoons salt. Permit soak for 5 minutes. Rinse, then shop in a covered container and pop in the fridge.
4. Hold lettuce contemporary for up to 2 weeks. The essential is to not clean the lettuce just before storing it. Wrap in paper towels and then position in a plastic bag or a stasher bag. Squeeze the air out, seal, and keep. Wash the lettuce when you are completely ready to take in it.
5. Keep your herbs new for up to 1 thirty day period. This technique functions finest for parsley, cilantro and any other herbs. Wash and trim the finishes. Dry comprehensively. Pop them in a jar filled 1/2 way with h2o. You can also pop them in the fridge (will last 1-2 months), but incorporate a plastic bag or a Stasher bag on top and they will last for virtually one particular month.
6. Prevent your cucumbers from getting slimy. Choose cucumber and pop them in a container, increase 1/4 teaspoon baking soda , cover with cold drinking water then protect and refrigerate. They will continue being best and crisp for up to 1 7 days.