Hariyali Teej is historically observed by females in India to welcome monsoons throughout the month of Sawan or Shravana. On this day, married girls adorn their fingers with henna types and put on inexperienced saris or lehengas and eco-friendly bangles to notice speedy for long existence of their husbands. The competition devoted to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati is celebrated in North Indian states, in particular in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar and Jharkhand. (Also read: This Hariyali Teej, binge on some classic desi dishes)
No competition is complete without the need of some good foodstuff. A range of sweet and savoury dishes are prepared by gals on the festival which are loved by all spouse and children members.
Listed here are some Teej desserts you can consider building.
1. Seviyan Mauzzafer
Vermicelli – 500gm
Whole cream milk – 1 ltr
Pistachios – 10gm
Almonds flakes – 10gm
Desi ghee – 50gm
Khoya – 50gm
Eco-friendly cardamom powder – 2gm
• Warmth ghee in a deep bottomed pan. Add seviyan and roast until golden brown. When done, take away from heat and maintain apart.
• Boil milk in a pan. Insert chopped nuts and cook for 2-3 minutes. Increase sugar until finally its blends nicely with the milk.
• Grate the khoya and add it to the milk. Prepare dinner until the mixture thickens. Incorporate the seviyan and cook dinner for 5 minutes or until no liquid remains. Add the powdered cardamom and combine very well. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve chilly or hot.
2. Annanas aur Kalonji ki Gujia
Ghee/oil to fry
Maida (All intent flour) – 500 gm
Oil/ghee (melted) – 6 tbsp
Pineapple – 1 kg
Kalonji – 10gm
Khoya – 200 gm
Inexperienced cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Almonds, chopped – 25 gm
Cashew nuts, chopped – 25 gm
Raisins – 25 gm
Dried coconut, shredded – 25 gm
Sugar – 100 gm
• Sieve the flour and add oil in flour and mix with fingers.
• Insert dampness and make a tight dough, protect with moist fabric and continue to keep apart.
• Clean and peel pineapple, grate them and sauté in ghee with kalonji.
• Stir repeatedly to cook evenly and include khoya.
• Insert green cardamom powder, raisin and dry nuts, dried coconut and cook dinner on gradual flame.
• Prepare dinner till sticky regularity and incorporate sugar if wished-for.
• Enable it to cool.
• Divide the dough into little balls and roll each individual ball into 4 inches diameter pancakes.
• Fill the pancakes with the pineapple filling and seal the pastry in fifty percent moon shape, twisting the edges inwards.
• Repeat the exact to rest of the dough and fry in medium heat.
• Fry until golden brown in color and garnish with tutti frutti.
3. Almond Rose Rabri
Almonds (with out pores and skin) – 200gm
Milk – 1 litre
Sugar free of charge – 3 tbsp
Pistachio, chopped – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Khoya – 50gm
Rose drinking water – 2 tbsp
Saffron couple of strands
• Heat a pan, cook milk till lessened to fifty percent. Cut down the heat.
• Crush and insert saffron strands to milk, and let it cook dinner for 5 minutes around lower heat.
• Now include almonds, khoya and sugar free to it. Mix properly and cook for 3 minutes.
• Increase pistachio, cardamom powder, and mix effectively. Cook dinner for 2 minutes
• Clear away from heat, and incorporate rose h2o to it. Mix effectively and permit it interesting a little.
• Garnish with chopped pistachio, nuts, berries or dried rose petals. Take pleasure in!
(Recipes by Swapandeep Mukherjee, Head Chef, The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa)