Nag Panchami is a Hindu pageant committed to serpent deities which falls on the Shukla Paksha Panchami throughout the thirty day period of Sawan and is celebrated with a lot enthusiasm. Nag Panchami normally falls two times right after Hariyali Teej. This year, it is staying celebrated on August 2. (Also browse: Nag Panchami 2022: Date, history, significance and celebration in India)
This festival is known for worshipping serpent deities and on this working day milk and milk-dependent sweets are provided to Nag Devta apart from bouquets and lamps. Serpent deities made of silver, stone, wood, or paintings on the wall are worshipped. Females also pray for the wellness of their brothers and other customers of the loved ones.
On the celebration of Nag Panchami, here are some sweets that can be well prepared at dwelling.
1. Til ki Barfi
• Major milk – 1 cup
• Milk powder -1 cup
• Sesame seeds – 3/4 cup
• Combined Nuts – 3/4 cup
• Sugar – 1/2 cup
• Cardamom powder – 1/8 teaspoon
1. Roast sesame seeds and blended nuts around medium warmth till they are golden in color. This must consider about 3-4 minutes. Hold aside.
2. In a non-adhere frying pan incorporate weighty cream and milk powder blend it nicely. Cook more than medium-high heat, stir repeatedly until the mixture starts to bubble.
3. Decreased the heat to medium and maintain stirring and scraping the sides and base of the pan, until eventually mixture is decreased to thick paste and begins coming jointly. This ought to get 8-10 minutes.
4. Include roasted sesame seeds, nuts and mix very well. Stir for one more 2-3 minutes until finally blend start off on the lookout smooth dough.
5. Decrease the heat to minimal and add sugar and cardamom powder and blend it properly. This will turn into soft in texture right after including sugar.
6. Maintain stirring for 1-2 minutes and carry the burfi again to dough texture.
7. Distribute burfi mixture on to the greased plate, about ½ inch thick. Allow it sit for at the very least two hours at room temperature. Cut burfis to desired condition sq. or diamond, garnish and love.
2. Sitaphal Badam Barfi
• Red sitaphal grated – 500 gm
• Khoya – 150 gm
• Almond powder – 100 gm
• Cardamom powder – 5 gm
• Sugar – 80 gm
• Desi ghee – 30 gm
• Few strands saffron
• Couple of drops of rose essence
1. Just take a weighty base pan, insert ghee and sitaphal. Saute on significant warmth for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
2. Insert cardamom powder and almond powder, blend very well. Let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame. Stir at times to avoid burning.
3. Add khoya, saffron and 2 drops of rose essence. Allow it simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until khoya is perfectly mixed.
4. Last but not least add sugar, blend and sauté on large heat stirring continuously until mixture gets to be thick. Choose it off the stove and pour the combination on a greased tray or plate.Refrigerate, until it sets. Lower in diamond or sq. form. Garnish with grated almonds flakes and saffron strands or as for every your alternative.
(Recipes by Swapandeep Mukherjee, Head Chef, The Metropolital Resort & Spa)