Raksha Bandhan 2022: The pageant of Raksha Bandhan is just a working day absent and if you are completed with all the preparations from selecting the very best rakhis, getting presents, decorating your house for the competition with attractive rangolis, and adorning your arms with mehndi models, aside from picking out that great ethnic dress in for the day, it is time to rustle up some do-it-yourself sweets to give Raksha Bandhan a personalised touch. Primarily, if your sibling or any other household member is struggling from diabetic issues, it is essential to go for sugar-free desserts that would retain their blood sugar levels in test. (Also browse: Raksha Bandhan special: 9 trip places for future lengthy weekend)
People with diabetic issues usually have limited possibilities when it comes to desserts on festive events but a healthier ingredient swap could make almost any sweet diabetic issues-helpful. Making use of ample quantities of fruits, nuts and normal sweeteners could assist increase a great deal cheer to your competition.
Right here are 3 sugar-totally free dessert recipes you could conveniently make at home on Raksha Bandhan for people with diabetic issues.
Apricot and Dates Barfi
(Recipe by Chef Ravneet, Fleurons)
Dried apricot – 400 gm
Dried Dates – 100 gm
Almonds – 200 gm
Oatmeal – 100 gm
Coconut Flakes – 50 gm
– Soak apricots, dates and almonds in individual bowls for 15-20 minutes.
– Grind apricots and dates with each other.
– Drain the almonds and grind them together with the oatmeal.
– Combine both equally the mixtures and sprinkle in coconut flakes in the end and cut them in the ideal shapes.
– Your barfi is ready.
Walnut Coconut Brownie
(Recipe by Chef Jerson Fernandes, Executive Chef, Novotel Mumbai Juhu Seaside)
Butter Unsalted – 250 gm
Jaggery – 300 gm
Entire eggs – 200 gm
Melted chocolate – 140 gm
Refined flour – 120 gm
Chopped walnuts – 220 gm
– Cream butter and jaggery jointly right until mild and fluffy.
– Include the complete eggs little by little.
– Include the melted chocolate to the creamed mixture.
– Mix all the dry ingredients collectively.
– Incorporate the dry substances to the egg mixture.
– Pour the combination to the lined cake ring mould.
– Bake it at 200 degree at 30 minutes.
– Let to awesome, reduce into wanted condition, microwave it for 2 minutes and serve on a hot scorching plate with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Kaffir Lime infused baked cheese cake with fresh new unique fruits
(Recipe by Chef Jerson Fernandes, Government Chef, Novotel Mumbai Juhu Seashore)
For the Biscuit Base
Fibre biscuits – 220 gm
Unsalted butter – 140 gm
For the Cheese Cake mixture
Refined flour – 35 gm
Jaggery – 350 gm
Bitter Cream – 150 gm
Product Cheese – 450gm
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tbsp
Eggs – 4 nos
Kaffir Lemon Zest – 1 no
For the Garnish
Fruit jelly – 150gm
Contemporary fruits – 300 gm
Tempered Chocolate – 50 gm
– Break biscuits and blitz it in a meals processor incorporating softened butter very little by very little right until it forms a sand like crumbly texture.
– Pour the crumbly biscuit blend in the cake tin lined with butter and push it challenging against the base and the partitions of the tin till it sticks very well.
– Blend the cream cheese in a beater right until soft and add flour right until merged. Include Kaffir lime zest, Vanilla, bitter product, jaggery and blend well.
– Increase eggs one by one particular and proceed beating in amongst till it is combined well. Do not overbeat to include air.
– Pour the combination into the biscuit mixture lined cake pan and bake at 325F for 1 hour.
– The cake is all set when it forms a golden-brown crust without the need of any crack and have to somewhat jiggle when the pan is shaken.
– Enable it to cool at place temp for 1 hr and then 3-4 hrs in a refrigerator till company and non-jiggly.
– Demould it onto a tray or plate, lower, coat with kaffir lime fruit coulis topped with freshly reduce exotic fruits, edible flowers and chocolate garnishes of desires condition and sizing.