Travelling with a young boy or girl could be both of those joyful and overwhelming. Treats are a single of the most important things when travelling with a toddler. Since toddlers are unpredictable and prone to hunger, it is finest to be prepared with some quick-to-put together and healthful snacks. With some advance planning, you may come to feel secure in the expertise that your little ones will keep on being fed and pleased through the journey. When hunger strikes, you are going to be completely ready for it. Not needing to buy food items from other suppliers will also conserve you a lot of time and money. Below is a checklist of some uncomplicated-to-make and wholesome recipes for your toddler for a trouble-free and happy journey. (Also read through: 5 easy-to-prepare dinner recipes for late night time starvation)
1. Atta biscuit recipe
(Recipe by Instagram/foodaholic_environment)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (area temperature)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar/icing sugar
- 1 cup wheat flour/atta
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cardamom / elachi (powdered)
- 3 tbsp milk (room temperature)
– To begin with, in a large mixing bowl just take ½ cup unsalted butter and ¼ cup powdered sugar. Conquer the sugar and butter well with the aid of hand mixer or whisk.
– Even further insert 1 cup wheat flour, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp baking soda and pinch of salt.
– Furthermore incorporate ¼ tsp cardamom powder or vanilla extract. Then blend and crumble the components very well with hand.
– Moreover increase 3 tbsp milk and commence to merge very well, do not knead, just blend to form a dough, also make confident when the dough is minimize, it has a crumbly texture.
– Now flatten and roll out a little thick with the enable of rolling pin then seal the edges with your hand if cracks sorts at the sides.
– Now with the assistance of cookie cutter, slash into any preferred condition, gather the remaining dough and make guaranteed to get ready biscuits from it and put the minimize dough on to a tray lined with baking paper.
– Bake the biscuits in preheated oven at 160 degree Celsius for 15 minutes or until the edges change a little bit golden then allow for the biscuit to amazing absolutely. biscuits will be smooth when very hot, and turns crunchy when cooled.
At last, wheat biscuit is prepared to serve with chai or keep in airtight container for at minimum 2 months.
2. Methi thepla
(Recipe by renowned prepare dinner Tarla Dalal)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp curd (dahi)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- total wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- 22 tsp peanut oil for cooking
– To make methi theplas, combine all the elements in a deep bowl and knead into a smooth dough using approx. ¾ cup of h2o.
– Divide the dough into 22 equivalent portions and roll out each and every portion into a 150 mm. (6″) diameter circle applying a very little complete wheat flour for rolling.
– Warmth a non-adhere tava (griddle) and cook dinner every circle, on a medium flame, working with 1 tsp oil, till it turns golden brown in color from both of those the sides.
– Provide the methi theplas very hot with chunda or sweet mango pickle.
3. Dry poha
(Recipe by renowned cook Tarla Dalal)
- 1 1/2 cups thin overwhelmed rice (poha)
- 1/2 cup brief cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp raw peanuts
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal (daria)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 3 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
– Combine the poha and oats in a broad non-adhere pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes. Take away and preserve aside.
– Heat the oil in the similar broad non-adhere pan, increase the peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
– Insert the roasted chana dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
– Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a couple of much more seconds.
– Increase the poha-oats combination, powdered sugar and salt, combine nicely and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, although stirring at times.